Class Offerings and Descriptions
Parent Tot Beginner: 25 minutes/$15 per class/6 months-1 year/Limit 10 students per class- Swim diapers are required.
A child’s first experience with the water is formed within their first year of life! It is very important to not only give them a positive experience, but include exposure to how they should react around water, the rules of being around water, and experience gravity and buoyancy training.
We practice the following skills:
- Submersion training (start at 4 months)
- Back Float
- Breathing Control
- Correct Holds
- Using cues
- Survival safety
The focus of survival safety is to teach infants how to turn over onto their backs in the event of them falling into a body of water. Even with this practice, this does not make a swimmer drown proof. We recommend that all layers of protection be put in place- supervision, fencing, pool arms, locks on gates, and all children get formal swimming lessons so they know how to swim.
Parent Tot Intermediate: 25 minutes/$15 per class/1 yr- 4 yrs. Limit 10 students per class- Swim diapers are required.
This is a continuation class from Parent Tot Beginner. A parent accompanies child in water to become more independent, explore the use of swimming equipment, increase arm/leg movement, submersion training, blowing bubbles and survival safety. The instructor may begin practicing skills will swimmer to test if the swimmer is ready for Guppies.
Guppies: 40 minutes/$15 per class/4-6yrs./4 students per instructor
Students must be completely independent/comfortable climbing in the pool and holding on the wall without a parent. Parents are required to sit in the balcony. Intro to safety rules, blowing bubbles, going under the water, arm/leg action to move through the water with support from instructor and equipment.
Level 1: 40 minutes/ $15 per class /5-8yrs./5 students per instructor
Students must be comfortable swimming with support from the instructor, going completely under the water and blowing bubbles. Intro to floating independently, blowing nose bubbles, treading and jumping. Focus on swimming with minimal support from equipment or instructor.
Level 2: 40 minutes/ $15 per class/7-9 yrs./5 students per instructor
The student must be able to blow nose bubbles, flow independently, and begin swimming on front and back with little to no support from the instructor. Emphasis will be on swimming independently, rotary breathing, treading, and diving.
Level 3: 40 minutes/ $15 per class/8-12 yrs./5 students per instructor
Students must be able to swim 25 yards independently on the front with rotary breathing and on back. Focus on refinement of freestyle and backstroke. Intro to turns, breaststroke, butterfly, and standing dives.
Level 4: 40 minutes/ $15 per class/9-14 yrs./5 students per class
Students must be able to swim 50 yards of each stroke. Focus on refinement of turns, stroke refinement and endurance. Great for preparing for the swim team.
Swim team prep: 50 minutes/ $15 per class/10-14 yrs./5 students per class
Students must be able to complete 100 yards of each stroke. Prepares students to join a swim team. Students learn to follow a practice, gain better endurance and technique correction for strokes, starts, and turns.
Please note, for any classes where there is only one student registered, the class will be 30 minutes in length.
One on one instruction/ 40 minutes/ $35 per class /5 yrs. and up
Semi-private: One instructor per two students/40 minutes/$30 per class per child/ 5 yrs. and up
Students must be the same swimming level to be signed up together. If they are not, they must become 2 privates.
Phone: You can call us at 734 927 4095
Office: You can visit our aquatics office located inside of PARC. Park in the back of the building and enter through the activity entrance. Our office is down the hall on the left.
Monday: 8-3 pm, Tuesday: 12-8 pm, Wednesday: 8-3 pm, Thursday: 12-8 pm, Friday: 8-3 pm
Monday: 12-8 pm, Tuesday: 12-4 pm, Wednesday 12-8 pm, Thursday 12-5 pm, Friday 12-5 pm, Saturday 9-11 am
Phone Number: 734 927 4095
These items are in place to enhance the experience for everyone.
- To ensure our instructors can provide the best learning environment and experience possible, we ask parents to please share any significant medical, physical or behavioral concerns with your child’s swim instructors.
- Occasionally, classes may be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of only one (1) swimmer registering for a level based class, the class will be 30 minutes in length rather than the normal allotted time.
- We will notify students via email if a class has been canceled or changed.
- If your child is found to be at the wrong level, we will move them to an appropriate level for their safety. This will also accommodate their swimming ability. Depending on the availability, the change may need to be at a different time, day or session.
- Parents, we ask that you stay seated in the balcony for your safety and all swimmers safety. We need to keep the pool deck clear to ensure everyone’s safety in the event of an emergency.
- Any swimmers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult during open swim and lessons.
- Swimsuits are required. No cotton clothing is permitted. Polyester or spandex cover-ups are acceptable.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not potty trained.
- We do ask all swimmers to take a shower (with soap) prior to pool entry. All sunscreen, oils, and lotions must be showered off to ensure our pool stays clean.
- Lifeguards and all Aquatic and PARC staff must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with any rules, whether written or verbal, may result in removal from the facility and/or revolution of lessons/open swim without refund.
- No shoes are permitted on the pool deck. Flip flops are okay. You are welcome to leave your shoes in the entryway to the pool.
- Strollers and chairs are not permitted on the pool deck. Please leave strollers in the locker room.
- No food or drink (other than water) are permitted in the pool or locker room area.
- No glass containers are permitted in the pool or locker room area.
- No blowup flotation devices are permitted.
- Changing of infant or children must occur only in locker rooms. Infants and children are not allowed to be changed in the pool area or balcony.
- To prevent the spread of illness, your child should not attend class if he/she has had a fever, diarrhea, vomited, or had green/yellow discharge from their nose in the past 24 hours.
- Credit will only be given in the event of cancelation of class.
- Individual class cancelations done by the swimmer will not be given a refund.
- No make-ups, credits or refunds for missed classes.
- Students will be notified via email if a class has been canceled or changed. Credits will be given if necessary.
- Kids being kids, there is the occasional “dirty diaper” or vomiting incident. When this happens, we need to close the pool temporarily for cleaning. This generally takes about 45 minutes to cycle the water through the filters and make sure tests for bacteria in the water have returned to normal levels. If a child has diarrhea, we will need to close the pool for 24 hours and will notify all swimmers via email.